Thursday, August 11, 2011
NFL Rivalries- Show me you want to beat that team
It's almost time for football to be back in action, and what better way to kick off the season, then talk about some rivalries in the NFL.
A lot like most division rivalries, the cliched saying is throw out the records. But look at the Colts in the AFC South, they usually beat up on the teams, and win the division by three or more games. If the Colts have a rival in the divison, I'd look at the Jaguars. They pull out close games against the Colts with a field goal to win. But then some games, the Colts just dominate them, so it's hard to feel there's a real rivalry there. Titans seem to be another one of those that you don't quite know what to expect, but the Colts have their number. Texans are always that "sexy" pick to win the division, but haven't finished better than .500 in their existence.
So division rivalries may be good to watch, but for me there's gotta be something on the line, and some hatred between the teams. I think the NFL, like the NBA, is too much of a love and respect fest. Give me something to feel for the teams, and make me believe you really want to beat that team. There's nothing wrong with that. Just shows you really want to play the game, and win.
- December (31)
- November (8)
- October (14)
- September (9)
- Peyton Manning comes off the PUP List, but will he...
- On the Sidelines 18
- Time to panic for the Colts?
- Jim Irsay is a twitter fool
- My Expert Analysis of the Colts preseason game aga...
- Reggie Miller in the Front Office of the Pacers??
- Eli Manning in the Same Class as Tom Brady?
- Colts first preseason game
- On the Sidelines 17
- NFL Rivalries- Show me you want to beat that team
- On the Sidelines 16
- The Mount Rushmore for the Indiana Pacers
- The Mount Rushmore For the Indianapolis Colts
- July (3)
- June (6)
- May (10)
- April (10)